Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Think I'm Done, Y'all

Padre came over last night and gave me the friends speech. Kudos to him for being a MAN and coming to my house in person to tell me this. We're going to remain friends, which is great, because he is a great guy. However, it really disappoints me that this is how all the guys I like end up going-in the friends directions. What the fuck am I doing wrong? Is it me? Do I need to start giving an exit interview so that I can see what's up? I've read all the books, all the articles, listened and watched with fevered fervor to all the talk shows about love and relationships. I've played it cool, I've played the game. I've let the guys pursue me. And all it's done is left me heartbroken.

I tried, y'all, but I'm afraid I came out a loser. I lost. I was proactive, I put myself out there, was open to all things possible. But I wasn't successful in my quest. I don't know if I should stop this anthropological project or not. I just don't know what to do. I think I'm gonna lay low for a couple of weeks, regroup, then see how I feel. I'm too close to my goal and I wanna see this through to fruition. But then I just don't know if the ol' ticker can handle any more upsets. I don't want to end up like the Tin Man, but I can very well see that happening too.

I cannot tell you guys ENOUGH how awesome all of you have been. Keep praying for me and all my "men"-I swear as soon as I date a guy I really like I ask folks to pray for us and that if it's not meant to be then to close this door and open another one and I swear within DAYS those guys are goners. So, I'm making God a part of A Long Shot at Love's dating panel of experts. Oh, and this weekend I'm having a Burning Man with all those self help love books-fuck that noise. I ain't reading another one.

4 comments:

  1. Agh! Don't burn the one I gave ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah! That stuff is garbage! Trust me, though, I feel the same way. After so many times getting blown off, you can't help but wonder if it's you. Honestly, I think we scare them. :) We are some strong, intimidating, no BS chicks, and if they can't handle it, then I say: "NEXT!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd do better using a rubix cube to figure these guys out than some dating book. there is no formula. i'm striking the first match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Glynis!! It takes a special man to appreciate a strong, gorgeous woman like you. He's out there. You don't have to give up but you're doing the right thing by giving yourself a break for a while to relax and have fun. There are larger things in motion than we all realize! There's a plan for you and a great man!!!

    ReplyDelete