Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Date 48-Baby, Don't Ya Panic, Cuz I'm Ya Shade Tree Mechanic

I had lunch today with a really nice guy and he's REELLLY sweet, but again no sparks. DAMN! I am meeting really nice, sweet, funny, outgoing, etc. guys, but they are just not cranking my tractor. However, I'm totally done with dating bad boys too. I wonder why it is I'm not attracted to these guys who are x,y,z. I mean, that's what I'm looking for, right?

I will say that all of this dating is giving me a lower-bullshit tolerance. No more are the days where I'm putting up with mess because of whatever reason. Nope, those days are gone. If you "run up, you gone get done up", as my kids at school say. So, if I come out of this "killing field" alive with no man by my side, then it was all worth it to learn not to put up with bullshit, from men or anyone else for that matter.

And my New Year's Eve date? History!

3 comments:

  1. What Anna said!

    Re attraction... I don't know, but it's WEIRD. We aren't attracted, necessarily, to the people we'd think we'd be attracted to--and more often than not, they're not attracted to us either. But the Billy Joel Maxim ("Don't take no shit from nobody!") is a very good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes, I firmly believe that every experience gets you ready for the next one, so even IF this whole dating and blogging experience doesn't result in wedding bells, I think you'll still have learned a lot--about others and yourself--and have grown.

    Also? I understand the whole no sparks thing. However, sometimes, it takes a little time for the tractor to crank, so I'm not saying you have to go out again with ALL of the ones who don't spark you up immediately, but especially if they're really nice and normal-seeming, and ask again, I say at least give 'em a couple of tries first.

    ReplyDelete