Friday, October 9, 2009

#9-I've Got Too Much (clap clap) Time on My Hands

Tonight I had a date with Mr. Sticks. When I asked him if he wanted to go to the fair with me he told me he had to ask his mom first to see if he could go (he's over 18. WTF?) We went to the state fair and saw a concert. The concert was great and he even found me a guitar pick on the floor (which was sweet!) We then went to the beer tent to listen to a band and chill out, then we walked around the fair, and held hands (another kinda sweet moment.) As he walks me to my car, his phone starts ringing and he says, "Oh, it's her. I ain't answering that." So I said jokingly, "I bet that's your ex calling", and he says, "Yeah it's her alright. I'll just call her when I get home." Nice.

So, Mr. Sticks walks me back to my car, and we start kissing. And then he (wait for it, wait for it) asks me IF HE CAN TOUCH MY BREASTS! Of course I told him NO and that I had to go home. Then he told me THAT HE LOVES ME and is now blowing my phone up. Lord bless this mess! Where and when did guys start asking to put their hands on girls' bodies? At least they're asking, but still. TOO MUCH TOO SOON! Plus I had to pay for EVERYTHING that night. EVERYTHING! Hell, I'm poor, too!

I'm hoping my dates next week will be as exciting as the ones from this week have been. What do I do? I'm thinking of ignoring his phone calls. I will handle this in the best adult way possible. I will handle this in the best adult way possible. I will handle this.............

5 comments:

  1. I saw a photo of you and Nicole in the beer tent at the fair after the Styx concert...you look great! The photo is on Josh's facebook...check it out! Hang in there...Mr. Right will show up when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? What is WITH these yahoos? They seriously just ask you this stuff?

    Um...I would say definitely ignore him, but if he's STILL blowing up your phone now that it's been a couple of days, you need to tell him to leave you alone. I can't believe he asked you that after making you pay for everything all night...he did the asking, right? Then he should do the paying! I think that just in general, the guy should pay when you first start going out. I mean, particularly if he's the one doing the asking. After you've been going out a while, I can see taking turns or whatever. Also? I think you need to implement a rule that if one requires one's mommy's permission to go somewhere, then he does not get the pleasure of your company. I'm holding out some hope for Mr. Ranger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! FTG! Totally ridiculous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Glynis! I put him to the curb, very quick like!

    ReplyDelete