Thursday, October 15, 2009

#10 and #11-It's Raining Men, Hallelujah!!

Tonight I did the UNTHINKABLE and booked two dates in one night! #10 was with a very nice guy who is a meteorologist for the state. We met at a quaint little coffee shop and talked for about 2 hours. He's a couple of years younger than me, very nice, seems to be straightforward, and loves music. After the date he texted that he had a great time and that he couldn't wait to see me again.

Date #11 was with a computer programmer who's 40 and never been married. He was very shy and not a big talker. I had to really work to get the conversation going, which ladies and gents we ALL know how fun THAT can be. He is really sweet, and did share that he has a fondness for honky tonks (which, if you've ever met me you know I have a soft spot for honky tonks as well.) He was very nice but I had to REALLY work to keep the conversation going, whereas with #10 we just talked and talked and talked.

I was really scared that somehow we would all run into each other and I'd come out looking "skanky" (reference when Charlotte did it and got smooth busted on "Sex and The City.") But that didn't happen. Also, Mr. Ranger called me last night at 10 o'clock wanting me to come over-said it had been a week since he'd seen me and that he "needed" me. He says he was "only joking" but guys only do that shit to see if you'll take the bait. So, Mr. Ranger may be on his way out, but not before another date. I mean, I DO have a quota to fill!

PS: Mr. Coupon BOGO Dude showed up at my favorite night spot last night, ate all my tamales, and then when I let him take a 3rd grade math test I was grading, wrote ALL KIND OF INAPPROPRIATE STUFF on there. Man, he is such a charmer!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, miss! Fellas everywhere! Glad you had great convo with the meteorologist. Having to work at it is no fun--conversation is a two-way street, no? I'm glad you referenced SATC...when you said you had two scheduled, that's what I thought about!

    Um. Yeah, BOGO needs to go away. That's completely unfortunate that you ran into him.

    ReplyDelete