Monday, May 17, 2010

Lucky #70 (and Dates 70-78)

I haven't blogged much about Soulja Boy, aka Eric. Since I've told about all my other dates, I wanted to see if the Good Ship Karma would maybe blow some good mojo my way if I DIDN'T write about Eric, so that's why you haven't heard from me in awhile. But I'm ready to tell the world about this guy, so here it goes:

Eric and I met at Nick's Ice House in Hattiesburg at one of my gigs with Clinton. We started chatting during the breaks, then he asked me to go to lunch with him the next day, which was really fun. The next weekend I was headed to the Coast and stopped by on my way down there and we hung out some more, then he came up Easter to see me. We've been pretty inseperable ever since. I really really like him. Eric is a good, sweet guy with a kind heart. He's from Pennsylvania, played college baseball at Westchester University, has a degree in exercise physiology, AND (this is awesome) is a massage therapist! He used to live in Washington, D.C. as a personal trainer there and always has great stories about his life there. He was also sargeant of his unit during his tour in Iraq when he joined the military after 9/11. Eric has been awarded the Purple Heart for his service in Iraq and I'm very proud of him for serving our country. He moved to Mississippi earlier in the decade for training, and as Mississippi does to those Northeners, he loved it so much he's been here ever since.

While it's only been almost 2 months since Eric and I have started seeing each other, we really like each other. He seems to care about me and has my best interest at heart. He also does little things for me, like pick me roses from the rose bush in his yard, got me a KISS lighter (y'all know how I feel about KISS!), just little things that are sweet and count. We do talk about where we are and what we want, and that's a good thing. We have great communication between us, and both of us will tell each other if things aren't fly in a New York minute.

He makes me laugh, we talk each other's heads off, he likes to dance, he's super sociable, he never lets me pay for anything, he helps me out of the car and opens doors, and I really really like him. I'm not even gonna go there and say "I hope he's the one" because, like the rest of the guys I've dated on this quest, I have to face reality and know that nothing is 100% guaranteed. However, I super duper like Eric and I'm so glad I met him. Hello, Match.com, can I have my money back? Thanks! Love, Natalie

PS: I did tell Eric about the blog and my quest for heterosexual companionship, and he absolutely LOVED the idea! He was very cool with it, and at first I wasn't gonna tell him about it, but we had a very deep yet sweet talk in my kitchen last night, and I knew it was the right time to talk to him about it. I think the funniest thing was when he said, "NOW I KNOW WHY EVERYONE IN JACKSON KNOWS WHO I AM!!" :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey baby! I am soooo happy for you and hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete