Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Date 53-Bad Teeth & Bad Pickup Lines, What a Combo!

I had drinks with a guy tonight who was very nice, real funny, a little "over the top" (and if you've ever met me and you know when I SAY it's over the top, it's OVAH DA TOP), had a good job, educated, etc. And y'all, this is gonna sound SO FREAKIN' NARCISSISTIC, but his teeth were TOE UP. Like, I couldn't even LOOK at him without noticing the "teeth." And he kept gnashing around talking and all I could think of is, "He will never get to third base with me. Ever." I'm a stickler for a "purdy mouth" and this guy's grill was WHOO! Bless his pea-pickin' heart. Am I a bad person for only noticing that and not looking at his personality? I mean, he was nice and he "paid for stuff", but I just kept looking at his mouth. I know this sounds mean, and I'm not in this to be mean-spirited AT ALL. Should I go out with him again to see if I can overcome the teeth issue? I mean he's in the public eye-you gotta have a nice smile when you're in the public view. I just feel bad even saying it, but feel like y'all can give me some feedback. But then when I told him I taught, he said, "Oooh, I'd sure like for you to tutor me sometime." I think THAT more than the teeth is what had me at hello.

6 comments:

  1. Bad teeth often means a bad drug habit. Coke or meth. I'd run the other way if I were you.

    I'm loving your blog. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elodious!!! I'm so glad you like it-keep tuning in for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's the ugly truth. (The ugly tooth, lol) Even if it's not drugs, bad teeth usually = bad breath. No matter how hard you try, it's just gonna drive you nuts, girl, don't bother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more curious as to the attributes of the bad teeth. Were they yellow? Crooked? Missing? Not that it matters; what matters is your reaction. And if it was that strong, it sounds like maybe it's something you couldn't get past. And you shouldn't feel bad for feeling that way. We can't help what we are/aren't turned on/off by. You don't have to apologize.

    But teeth are fixable (says the girl with braces), so maybe he knows they're bad and wants to fix them but is saving up for it? Especially if he's, as you say, in the public eye...he's got to know that he needs to do something about them. But maybe I'm just sensitive to the subject since I have the braces, and before I got them, I was paranoid about my teeth. But if there were other things (e.g., the bad line) that bothered you, too, then the teeth may just be the most visible, concrete reason you can point to that you didn't like him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! I can't date a guy with a jacked up grill. Fo Sho! That is just straight up nasty.

    These days, there's no excuse for bad teeth. Braces ain't that pricey. Considering what most guys spend on a TV, XBox, etc....if they can afford that shit, they can afford to fix they jacked up mouth.

    ReplyDelete